Serko is an NZX50, global business travel and expense company, with our Headquarters based in Parnell, Auckland. As the 2020 Hi-Tech Company of the Year, we're a SaaS that is diverse, close-knit group where everyone's opinion matters. We’re already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe – and we’re growing!
Our purpose is to "Bring People Together", coupled with a vision to "Create a Connected, Frictionless Travel Experience". While the world of business travel is changing, we’re preparing companies for this with intelligent technology that helps them ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of their travellers.
Our mission is to "Build the World's Leading Business Travel Marketplace"! We’re backed by the likes of Booking.com and there is an exciting road ahead of us at a time where travel needs real, impactful change. We’re hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
Your contribution will make a real difference in a critical area for the organisation as we enter a period of transformation for the security team to enable acceleration of the delivery of our business strategy. You’ll be working collaboratively with a number of different cross functional delivery teams with many industries’ leading technical professionals.
Serko has an inclusive, engaging, and supportive culture and we need someone who wants to take the next step in their professional journey and isn’t afraid of accepting the challenge of enabling us to get stuck into the ongoing support of the security for our business as well as being an integral part of the team that defines and delivers the future security strategy for the organisation.
- Building relationships and working collaboratively with other teams across the organisation as a trusted advisor for security
- Conducting business focussed security risk assessments.
- Enabling other teams to deliver at pace through empowering them with the security knowledge they need to operate within acceptable levels of security risk.
- Working with the CISO and the rest of the security team to help define and implement the Security Strategy.
- Staying up to date with the security threat landscape as it pertains to Serko and the latest security countermeasures that could be used to mitigate those threats.
- Being tenacious and proactively seek out opportunities to enable and improve Serko’s business goals through enhanced levels of security.
- Security Operations Management
- Incident Response and Threat Intelligence
- Security Awareness and Training
- Security Risk Management
- Emerging Technologies and Innovations
- Team Leadership and Collaboration
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Considerable experience in a role focussed on Devsecops, and security risk management.
- A working knowledge of security attack and defence methods
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven track record of conducting security risk management to a high standard within fast paced environments.
- Proven experience in managing Microsoft security products and services, including Azure Security Center, Azure Active Directory, and Sentinel
- Strong background in implementing DevSecOps practices and integrating security into the software development lifecycle.
- In-depth knowledge of risk management frameworks, industry standards (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001), and regulatory requirements (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA).
- Experience in incident response, threat intelligence, and conducting security assessments.
- Familiarity with security automation and orchestration tools, vulnerability scanning tools, and secure coding practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to assess complex security issues and provide practical solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate security concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CCSP, Azure Security Engineer Associate, or equivalent certifications are highly desirable.
- Join our dynamic team and contribute your expertise to enhance our organization's security posture. Apply today and help us safeguard our digital assets and protect our valuable information.
- Regenerate response
- Confidence to pushback or challenge when security is at risk in a safe and inclusive environment.
- A working knowledge of cloud infrastructure services security. Particularly Azure.
- Security compliance experience (e.g. – PCI-DSS) is preferred but not required.
- Professional security certifications such as CISSP would be highly advantageous.
Serko has a culture where our people bring their whole selves to work, where we believe that inclusion & diversity make us better.
- A competitive base salary and opportunity to take part in our employee incentive share scheme, KiwiSaver, and life insurance.
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements, where you get to choose how to best structure your day and week so you can be at your best.
- Support for the Primary Caregiver transitioning back to work after leave – work 3 days and paid 5 days for the first month back to work.
- 20 weeks on full pay for the primary caregiver
- Three weeks of paid Partner Leave
- A focus on both wellbeing and doing, including:
- Wellbeing & volunteer days, focused meeting free time
- Discounted Southern Cross health insurance (NZ), free flu shots, and access to confidential support, guidance, and counselling service.
How to Apply
We can only accept applications from candidates who are either NZ/AU citizens/permanent residents or hold a current valid work visa for employment in New Zealand.
Check out our other great opportunities at www.serko.com/careers