Serko is an NZX50, global business travel and expense company, with our Headquarters based in Parnell, Auckland. As the 2020 Hi-Tech Company of the Year, we're a SaaS that is diverse, close-knit group where everyone's opinion matters. We’re already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe – and we’re growing!
Our purpose is to "Bring People Together", coupled with a vision to "Create a Connected, Frictionless Travel Experience". While the world of business travel is changing, we’re preparing companies for this with intelligent technology that helps them ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of their travellers.
Our mission is to "Build the World's Leading Business Travel Marketplace"! We’re backed by the likes of Booking.com and there is an exciting road ahead of us at a time where travel needs real, impactful change. We’re hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
Are you a skilled Financial Accountant looking for the next step in your career? Serko is seeking a dedicated Group Accountant to be the backbone of our financial control function.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee the day-to-day financial activities including month end accounts for the Group, which includes NZ, Australia, the US and China
- Consolidate the Group accounts and produce monthly management reports.
- Collaborate with the FP&A team for insightful monthly result analysis.
- Ensure timely approval of payments throughout the Group.
- Uphold control and compliance by ensuring efficient operation of the accounting systems.
- Review the work of the Financial Accountant and Accounts Officer, promoting growth through feedback and training.
- Prepare Interim and Annual Reports in compliance with IFRS.
- Assist with external accounting providers and audit queries.
- Prepare grant applications with government agencies.
- Engage in other duties and project work as required.
What will you bring
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of NZ GAAP and IFRS standards.
- 2-5 years of Post Qualification Experience (PQE).
- Familiarity with Xero, PowerBI, and Power Query is a bonus.
- Diligence and a keen eye for detail are your trademarks.
- Preferred Qualified Chartered Accountant
It's important to us, that our people can bring their whole selves to work. Join our team and we have the following on offer for you!
- Serko has a culture where our people bring their whole selves to work, where we believe that inclusion & diversity make us better.
- A competitive base salary and opportunity to take part in our employee incentive share scheme, KiwiSaver, and life insurance.
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements, where you get to choose how to best structure your day and week so you can be at your best.
- Support for the Primary Caregiver transitioning back to work after leave – work 3 days and paid 5 days for the first month back to work.
- Access to travel industry discounts
- 20 weeks on full pay for the primary caregiver
- Three weeks of paid Partner Leave
- A focus on both wellbeing and doing, including:
- Wellbeing & volunteer days, focused meeting free time
- Discounted Southern Cross health insurance (NZ), free flu shots, and access to confidential support, guidance, and counselling service.
How to Apply
We can only accept applications from candidates who are either NZ/AU citizens/permanent residents or hold a current valid work visa for employment in New Zealand.
Check out our other great opportunities at www.serko.com/careers
Find out more about life at Serko, from our CEO Darrin Grafton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA5wqDKMZlQ