Serko is an NZfX50, global business travel and expense company, with our Headquarters based in Parnell, Auckland. As the 2020 HI-Tech Company of the Year, we're a SaaS that is diverse, close-knit group where everyone's opinion matters. We’re already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe – and we’re growing!
Our purpose is to "Bring People Together", coupled with a vision to "Create a Connected, Frictionless Travel Experience". While the world of business travel is changing, we’re preparing companies for this with intelligent technology that helps them ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of their travelers.
Our mission is to "Build the World's Leading Business Travel Marketplace"! We’re backed by the likes of Booking.com and there is an exciting road ahead of us at a time where travel needs real, impactful change. We’re hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
You'll be a core member of the architecture team. Get to work across multiple delivery teams, in one or more value streams, focusing on the people and architectural solutions they support. You'll be producing architectural related artefacts such as solution outlines and solution designs to support a shared understanding between product and engineering teams.
Our systems and platform need to grow and scale with our business ambitions. Your collaborative, pragmatic architecture problem solving skills and your desire to help others succeed will be vital as we embark on this exciting and challenging growth journey together.
What you'll be doing
- Documenting clear and concise solution designs.
- Understanding the Serko business domain and product functionality.
- Contribute to API strategy across Serko's product ecosystem.
- When required, acting as the bridge between product and engineering teams to achieve the shared goal.
- Enabling engineers by maintaining a consistent and clear vision of the architecture.
- Contributing to the success of the architecture practice
- Architectural vision and strategy
- Collaboration with other architects
- Architectural decision register
- Assist with architecture governance activities
What you'll bring to the team
- Prior engineering experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with API design and API patterns highly desirable
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with those in non-technical roles.
- Ability to express their solution designs in a clear and articulate manner through diagramming and documentation.
- A keen understanding of the engineering discipline and product management processes.
- A broad understanding of related cloud and data architecture.
- Analytical approach to understanding the Serko business domain and existing product.
- A keen collaborator, purposely driving a shared ownership of end-to-end solutions and their delivery.
It's important to us, that our people can bring their whole selves to work. Join our team and we have the following on offer for you!
- Serko has a culture where our people bring their whole selves to work, where we believe that inclusion & diversity make us better
- A competitive base salary and opportunity to take part in our employee incentive share scheme, KiwiSaver global equivalent) and life insurance
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements, where you get to choose how to best structure your day and week so you can be at your best
- Support for the Primary Caregiver transitioning back to work after leave – work 3 days and paid 5 days for the first month back to work
- Access to travel industry discounts
- 20 weeks on full pay for the primary caregiver
- Three weeks of paid Partner Leave
- A focus on both wellbeing and doing, including:
- Wellbeing & volunteer days, focused meeting free time
- Discounted Southern Cross health insurance (NZ), free flu shots, and access to confidential support, guidance, and counselling service
We are committed to Pay Equity – ensuring we pay our people fairly. Serko is pleased to share our current pay equity status: when benchmarked to the median market remuneration (based on career levels), the median remuneration difference for males and females is less than 1%.
How to Apply
We can only accept applications from candidates who are either NZ/AU citizens/permanent residents, or hold a current valid work visa for employment in New Zealand.
Check out our other great opportunities at www.serko.com/careers
Find out more about life at Serko, from our CEO Darrin Grafton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA5wqDKMZlQ