Serko is an NZX50, global business travel and expense company, with our Headquarters based in Parnell, Auckland. As the 2020 HI-Tech Company of the Year, we're a SaaS that is diverse, close-knit group where everyone's opinion matters. We’re already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe – and we’re growing!
Our purpose is to "Bring People Together", coupled with a vision to "Create a Connected, Frictionless Travel Experience". While the world of business travel is changing, we’re preparing companies for this with intelligent technology that helps them ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of their travelers.
Our mission is to "Build the World's Leading Business Travel Marketplace"! We’re backed by the likes of Booking.com and there is an exciting road ahead of us at a time where travel needs real, impactful change. We’re hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
Are you entrepreneurial, curious and data-driven, and like to experiment?
As one of Serko’s Growth Engineers, you will have the chance to work within a high-performing team to shape what data-driven value for the rest of the organisation looks like.
About the Role
You will play a pivotal role in designing, building, and analysing experiments that significantly increase customer activation and engagement on the platform.
While our general product delivery teams focus on building out the core value for our customers, the growth team is an opportunity to focus on building a stronger connection between our customers and existing value in our product through optimisation.
The team includes key stakeholders from different areas of the business who are empowered to move fast and operate in a low friction environment to come up with, and prove out, various hypotheses to improve and optimise our customer’s booking flow and increase activations.
What you’ll be doing
- Designing, developing, and implementing A/B tests and other growth experiments across the user journey
- Applying high-level thinking to discover and propose ideas for experimentation
- Communicating your ideas clearly and working with the team to refine and implement them
- Pragmatically balance the dual needs of quality and pace to deliver experiments to production quickly
- Ensuring disruptions for our internal on-call and delivery teams, and of course our customers, are kept to a minimum while moving quickly without an over-indexing on testing
Working across different tools and technologies of our codebases generally consisting of:
o our modern platform using React 18 and Next.js
o our “Heritage” platform using React 16, React Redux
o our experimentation platform provided by A/B Smartly
o our test framework is generally Vitest or Jest using React Testing Library
What would you bring to the role:
You’re an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a solid working knowledge of front-end technologies and more specifically, the React ecosystem. Coupled with this, you’ll have a deep understanding of the React Testing Library and unit test practices.
You’ll demonstrate strong communication skills and thrive working in a fast paced and efficient manner. You have the ability to think at a high level, and at the same time, can get into the weeds of building out experiments that aim to invalidate a hypothesis as quickly as possible, or prove it’s true. You understand and are passionate about realising business value through data and can map this to our customer’s web experience.
- A competitive base salary and opportunity to take part in our employee incentive share scheme, kiwisaver (or global equivalent) and life insurance
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements, where you get to choose how to best structure your day and week so you can be at your best
- A focus on both wellbeing and doing, including:
- Wellbeing & volunteer days, focused meeting free time
- Discounted Southern Cross health insurance (NZ), free flu shots, and access to a confidential support, guidance and counselling service
Become part of a team of passionate travelers and technologists who are building the world’s leading business travel marketplace to bring more people together. Find out more about Life at Serko, please click here: https://www.serko.com/careers