Serko is an NZX50, global business travel and expense company, with our Headquarters based in Parnell, Auckland. As the 2020 Hi-Tech Company of the Year, we're a SaaS company that is diverse, close-knit group where everyone's opinion matters. We’re already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe – and we’re growing!
Our purpose is to "Bring People Together", coupled with a vision to "Create a Connected, Frictionless Travel Experience". While the world of business travel is changing, we’re preparing companies for this with intelligent technology that helps them ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of their travellers.
Our mission is to "Build the World's Leading Business Travel Marketplace". We’re hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be partnering with stakeholders across the business to deliver Serko’s strategic objectives and provide pragmatic and timely advice and guidance on legal, risk and compliance issues.
What you'll be doing
- Develop standard contracts and review/negotiate complex agreements in conjunction with our commercial team and clients that appropriately balance Serko’s risks and legal rights relative to the benefits of the relevant agreement.
- Have a solid understanding of commercial legal practices, including (and not limited to) privacy legislation (including GDPR), contracts and patents across the sector.
- Anticipate contractual issues and estimate risks strategically while identifying proactive solutions to eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Drive continuous improvement across our contracting practices in areas of legal operations including with respect to contract automation, use of AI, internal policies and knowledge sharing practices.
- Providing legal guidance on a broad range of legal issues associated with the operation of Serko’s business as it expands globally
- Advise on various regulatory and compliance issues
- Keep up-to-date on material legislative and regulatory developments and advise stakeholders on the implications of such developments.
- Liaise with, and manage, external legal providers.
What you'll bring to the team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with a collaborative and “can do” attitude.
- 10+ years post-admission experience.
- Inhouse or secondment experience.
- Experience in corporate and commercial law.
- Experience in privacy law.
- Experience in technology, particularly travel or cloud-based technology.
- International legal and data protection experience.
It's important to us, that our people can bring their whole selves to work. Join our team and we have the following on offer for you!
- A competitive base salary and opportunity to take part in our employee incentive share scheme, KiwiSaver global equivalent) and life insurance
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements, where you get to choose how to best structure your day and week so you can be at your best
- Access to travel industry discounts
- A focus on both wellbeing and doing, including:
- Wellbeing & volunteer days, focused meeting free time
- Discounted Southern Cross health insurance (NZ), free flu shots, and access to confidential support, guidance, and counselling service
- Enhanced parental leave including:
- 20 weeks on full pay for the primary caregiver
- Return to work support for the primary caregiver
- Three weeks of paid Partner Leave
How to Apply
We can only accept applications from candidates who are either NZ/AU citizens/permanent residents, or hold a current valid work visa for employment in New Zealand.
Check out our other great opportunities at www.serko.com/careers