Serko is an NZX50, global business travel and expense company, with our Headquarters based in Parnell, Auckland. We're a SaaS company that is diverse, close-knit group where everyone's opinion matters. We’re already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe – and we’re growing!
Our purpose is to "Bring People Together", coupled with a vision to "Create a Connected, Frictionless Travel Experience". While the world of business travel is changing, we’re preparing companies for this with intelligent technology that helps them ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of their travellers.
Our mission is to "Build the World's Leading Business Travel Marketplace". We’re hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
Our Head of Data leads Serko’s experimentation approach to data driven decision making, with a focus on creating and realising business value from data and analytics. The role oversees a matrix of data-related functions including data accessibility, governance, data delivery and igniting Serko’s data culture to ensure Serko is getting the most from our data products.
Envision yourself as the driving force behind Serko's data revolution—an internal evangelist for hypothesis-based experimentation and data-driven decisions. Your role is akin to a strategic leader, guiding a team of adept Data Scientists and Analysts through the rich data landscape at Serko.
You're not just crunching numbers; you're on a mission to extract meaningful insights that propel innovation. As the maestro of experimental design and AB testing, your expertise in statistics and data science will uncover opportunities for change across products, UX, and technology. This role demands not only technical acumen but a keen ability to articulate the significance of data to executives and team members across the organisation alike. Picture yourself at the helm of a transformative journey, where your proficiency in statistical modeling and experimental design paves the way for a data-driven future at Serko. You’ll champion the use of effective data use not just with your team of data experts, but for Serkodians everywhere.
Key initiatives will include -
- Establish data roadmap, procedures, policies, and culture across the organization.
- Lead interdisciplinary teams, streamline data systems, and engage with stakeholders for adoption and innovation.
- Use technical knowledge to lead the team in finding insights for product improvement and revenue growth.
- Promote an experimentation culture and guide others in implementing best practices.
- Oversee data collection, storage, management, quality, and protection.
- Assess and evaluate data sources for effective experiment design and outcomes.
- Utilize your knowledge of uplift modeling and causal inference testing for data-led experiments.
- Implement data privacy policies and comply with data protection regulations.
- Leverage data assets for business insights, such as revenue increase and operational efficiency.
- Effectively communicate the importance of data collection to executives and staff.
- Design and implement data strategy, processes, and associated systems.
- Lead change management across Serko for data strategy, champion data use, identify talent, and drive organizational competencies.
What will you bring to the Role and the Team -
- Expertise in data science, statistical modeling, and testing for data-led decision-making
- In-depth comprehension of data strategy, systems, governance, operations, and compliance. Knowledgeable in relevant data applications, tools, big data solutions, platforms, DataOps, and agile product development.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Data Science or Maths preferred, with extensive senior-level data management experience
- Strong analytical skills, coupled with a data-driven mindset
- Leadership experience, showcasing effective project and change management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication proficiency
It's important to us, that our people can bring their whole selves to work. Join our team and we have the following on offer for you!
- A competitive base salary and opportunity to take part in our employee incentive share scheme, KiwiSaver global equivalent) and life insurance
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements, where you get to choose how to best structure your day and week so you can be at your best
- Access to travel industry discounts
- A focus on both wellbeing and doing, including:
- Wellbeing & volunteer days, focused meeting free time
- Discounted Southern Cross health insurance (NZ), free flu shots, and access to confidential support, guidance, and counselling service
- Enhanced parental leave including:
- 20 weeks on full pay for the primary caregiver
- Return to work support for the primary caregiver
- Three weeks of paid Partner Leave
How to Apply
We are currently looking for talent keen to be located in Auckland, NZ, or Australia with a willingness for regular travel.
Check out our other great opportunities at www.serko.com/careers